This post comments the basic aspects contemplated by the UNE-EN ISO 9001: 2015 standard, which establishes the requirements that quality management systems must meet, similar to 9001 regarding quality. And we offer examples of how ICM applies this standard, which influences its production activity of custom industrial wire harness.
ICM obtained the first UNE EN ISO 9001:2008 certification in 2011. In 2017, its transition to ISO 9001: 2015, valid until 2020. That way, ICM guarantees that the company has got a solid Quality Management System (QMS) capable of to ensure optimal manufacturing of the custom industrial wire harness supplied.
Basic considerations of the UNE EN ISO 9001:2015
Some basic considerations of the UNE EN ISO 9001: 2015 standard are as follow:
- Context of the company: Understanding of the organization and its context, of the needs and expectations of the interested parties, determination of the scope of the QMS and its processes.
- Leadership: Approach to the customer, establishment and communication of the quality policy, as well as the roles, authorities and responsibilities in the organization.
- Planning: Identification, analysis and actions to address risks and opportunities. Definition and monitoring of quality objectives and planning to achieve them. Planning of changes in the quality management system
- Support: Analysis of resource needs, both of people and infrastructure. Determination of the operation environment of the processes and the monitoring and measurement devices; as well as competition and awareness. Internal and external communication. Control of documented information of the management system.
- Procedure: Planning and operational control. Communication and management of requirements with the client. Control of products and services supplied externally. Control of production and service provision ensuring traceability, intellectual property of interested parties and control of changes. Release of products and services. Control of outputs of non-compliant product. · Performance evaluation, through monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation of customer satisfaction, internal audits, and reviews by Management.
- Improvement: Treatment of non-conformities and corrective actions derived, to guarantee the continuous improvement of the System.
In ICM, compliance with quality is evidenced through the following actions:
- Definition of the Policy of Quality
- Implementation of the Documentary Level System
- Analysis of the risks associated with the processes and stakeholders of the QMS
- Establishment of communications matrix to facilitate communication channels
- Establishment of indicators and monitoring
- Definition of objectives and analysis of their compliance
- Improvement of factory production and layout processes
- Review by the Management (last in October of 2017)
- Internal audit (idem)
- Recertification in October 2020
Examples of actions in ICM
Some examples of those previous actions in ICM are:
- The ICM staff receives continuous training to raise awareness of their influence on the quality and safety of the product.
- ICM’s objectives, like those of the rest of the companies belonging to the Grupo Espacio Industrial, are established annually and monitored and analyzed within the company’s Management Committee.
- Establishment and definition of factory zones.
- Implementation of a LEAN Manufacturing system for better control of production.