ICM (Integral de Conexión y Montajes, S.L,) has planned a new layout (distribución de planta, in Spanish) in its factory in Aranjuez (Madrid, Spain). The objective is to take advantage of optimizing its activity. This is focused on manufacturing solutions for system operators, fundamentally, among which are the production of custom wire harness, integration and maintenance of electromechanical systems and equipment, among others.
The layout improvement work has focused on defining the most appropriate arrangement of the machines, equipment and departments involved in the manufacture of custom wire harness. And on the different services related to the entire life cycle of the product from its customers. All aimed at achieving the greatest possible coordination and efficiency of the plant, which, without a doubt, will result in better results for the client, by drastically improving production performance.
Key factors have been taken into account in the design of the new distribution. That way the new layout allows:
- less material movement
- eliminating unnecessary movement steps
- ensuring product quality
- integrating all the activities involved in the production process
- ensuring the order of the different work areas, based on the sequence of manufacture, assembly, etc.
- optimizing space
- ensuring the safety of personnel, materials and machinery
- ensuring the application of adjustments with the minimum possible cost, if necessary.