ICM’s environmental commitment
At ICM, we are committed to caring for the environment. Therefore, we are working to obtain the UNE-EN ISO 14.001: 2008 certification, which guarantees that we optimize the management of resources and waste, and reduce negative environmental impacts, among other aspects.
The UNE-EN ISO 14.001: 2008 standard establishes the requirements that environmental management systems must meet. It is similar to 9001 regarding quality. Its basic aspects are as follows:
- Context: Analysis of the context of the organization, of the interested parties, their needs and expectations regarding environmental behavior.
- Leadership: Establishment of a quality policy with a commitment to environmental respect and awareness at all levels of the company, as well as the roles of authorities and responsibilities in the organization.
- Planning: Analysis of risks and environmental opportunities of the company and its treatment; of the aspects of the organization referred to this matter, that apply; and of the legal requirements and degree of compliance. Also, setting environmental objectives and planning to achieve them.
- Support: Analysis of resource needs. Determination of competence. Awareness Internal and external communication. Control of documented environmental information.
- Operation: Operational control. Preparation and response to environmental emergencies. Waste management, emissions, discharges, etc.
- Performance evaluation of environmental compliance, through the monitoring of environmental indicators. Internal audit. Review of the Environmental Management System by the Management
- Improvement: Treatment of non-conformities and corrective actions derived, to guarantee the continuous improvement of the System.
In ICM, compliance with environmental care is evidenced through the following actions:
- Definition of the Environment Policy
- Implementation of the Documentary Level System
- Risk analysis
- Analysis of legal compliance, which establishes that ICM complies with all applicable legislation to date.
- Management of all non-hazardous waste and opening of legal registration book
- Management of all hazardous waste, in the absence of registration as a Small Producer of Hazardous Waste
- Establishment of indicators and monitoring
- Establishment of objectives and compliance
- Environmental emergency plans
- Review by Management (scheduled for March 2018)
- Internal audit (in February 2018)
- Certification in July 2018, together with Electrónica Aranjuez, a company belonging to Grupo Espacio Industrial as well
Some examples of the materialization of the mentioned actions in ICM are:
- Have certain containers for non-hazardous waste (paper, cardboard, cable residues).
- The legal management of waste is a legal requirement of mandatory compliance, so it is done through authorized environmental managers and transporters, verified with the registration of the Regional Government of Castilla La Mancha.
- The personnel of ICM receives continuous training oriented to their environmental awareness, above all, emphasizing the most sensitive points such as production.
- ICM’s objectives, like those of the rest of the Group, include the minimization of waste and the management of waste produced; energy efficiency and the rationalization of energy consumption and raw materials. These are controlled, and there is an energetic adviser that indicates what should be done at each moment.